Monday, March 21, 2011

A found conversation

Everyone once in a while, a conversation is so beautiful, so fun, that the fingers of the listener are moved to record it. There are too many moments like this in Project Grow.
These recently found notes depict a brief slice of such a conversation.

Forrest: The first thing, I will not die alone.
Emese: I don't want to die alone either.
F: I want to die with your self.
E: You just said you don't want to die alone. What do you mean?
F: God is always, is always by my side.
E: How do you know?
F: Because my mom told me to (motions hands in a wave) to take my body and take my skin, my bones to ash and be reborn to a new you. Then I'll be alive again.
E: Why doyou mean by a new you?
F: You know, It's like a ... When somebody dies, and they put you in a fiery grave and you turn into an ash, then there will be a bowl or something. Then you put the ashes in it.
E: How does that lead to rebirth?
F: Um. (bounces pencil on his forhead)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I work in DD services and we often record one liners and funny moments. One of my clients once gave me this advice: "You can die in a ditch or you can die wherever, but wherever you die make sure it's not in a ditch!"

    ReplyDelete